September Blog Hop | Gossamer Blue

September 15, 2015

Hi everyone! For today's blog hop, I am sharing some super simple cards that I created with this month's kits. These cards are perfect if you are new to card making and don't want to go out and buy special supplies just for cards.





This first card was created with the Pinkfresh Studio acetate cards and triangles. For the background, I lined up the triangles how I wanted and glued them down. I didn't worry too much about the glue being visible but I know that may bother some people. After I finished glueing the triangles, I stapled one of the 3x4 acetate cards to white cardstock and backed it with foam adhesive. I really love how this one turned out!


Next is this fun shaker card also using the acetate 3x4 cards. I knew I wouldn't really use the acetate cards in my Project life album so I wanted to challenge myself and find other ways to use them. This is my second shaker card and it is so easy!
Most people who make shaker cards have rectangular dies but I don't so I just cut out the frame on my Silhouette portrait. I decided to add some patterned paper to the card base and then all I did was glue to card to the frame, add two layers of foam adhesive, add sequins and put it all together.
For the finishing touch, I added a puffy sticker from Pinkfresh studio.


I love the cut-apart sheet included in the Main add-on kit and it is great for making cards. I always have lots of scraps lying around which made this card really quick to put together. I picked out which scraps I wanted, put them in an order I liked, and glued them down. Then I just chose which phrase I wanted from the Happy Words paper by Pinkfresh Studio.


For the card below, I used the cut-apart sheet again and created this super easy layered card. This is as easy as it gets! I just took one of the squares and layered patterned paper behind it and finished it off with a puffy sticker.


I hope you all like these cards. They were a lot of fun to make and I definitely plan to make more with these products.
Be sure to check out all of the rest of the ladies' projects!

Alex Hunter   <--- You are here
Andrea Gray 
Anabelle O'Malley
Brenda Smith
Brenda Weaver
Caylee Grey
Chantal Philippe
Diane Payne
Emily Spahn
Eunyoung Lee
Jill Cornell
Jill Keller
Joy Taylor 
Kathleen Graumüller
Katie Ehmann
Kellie Winnell
Kelly Xenos
Michelle Wedertz
Michelle Wooderson
Olatz Garaiyurrebaso
Patricia Roebuck
Rebecca Luminarias
Sandra Dietrich
Sian Fair

11 comments:

  1. Really cute cards but that first one must be my favourite - love the triangle background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I will admit, that background drove me a bit crazy while putting it together but it was worth it :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to do them more often! They are a lot of fun.

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I especially like the sentiment on that first one

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very cute!! and your photo styling is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it always gives me reason to buy more washi tape! Haha

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS