Gossamer Blue - January Reveal

January 01, 2016

Happy New Year everyone!! I cannot believe we are already in 2016! I hope this year brings all of you health and happiness!

Today is also reveal day for the January GB kits and I must say, these kits are definitely my favorite so far! Today I have a few cute and colorful projects I created with these kits and I'm very excited to share!

First off, I created a couple of cards with the Main kit and the Life Pages kit.
This shaker card didn't turn out how I expected, like a lot of things I create, but I really love it! I planned on using the other side of this paper which was red with white hearts but I liked the more subtle pattern so I decided to go with that. I cut the paper to an A2 card size (5.5x4.25) and used a circle die to cut a circle in the middle.




After that, I attached some acetate which I had from my stash and added a few heart stickers which were included in the main kit. These are from Crate Paper's Hello Love Enamel Shapes which I really loved working with. This collection is absolutely stunning and I cannot get enough of it!
To complete the card, I just added sequins and foam tape and adhered it to my card base!


This next card is incredibly simple! I took a tag-shaped die and used it to cut one of the 4x6 cards included in the Life Pages kit as well as a piece of vellum from my stash. Then I pulled out the enamel shapes again and chose the "Feel the Love" sentiment as well as a small pink heart. To finish it off, I used a couple of glitter enamel dots by Heidi Swapp and that was it!
Both of these cards would make great Valentine's day cards for a special someone or even just for a friend.

Although December is now over, I'm sure I am not the only one who hasn't completed their December Memories album. Between my health, printer problems and just not wanting to edit photos, I am pretty behind, but I'm slowly catching up.

I had this photo of some clothes my mom got me at Old Navy that I wanted to document but I knew my printer wouldn't be able to print this as a good quality 6x8 photo. I thought about sending it somewhere to get printed but once I got my January kits, I knew it would look great as a mini scrapbook page!

Using a mix of all of my kits, I put together a page which may not be your typical Christmas page, but it is still super cute! Using the Heidi Swapp Memory Planner tabs, I created hidden journaling telling the story behind the clothes.


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you love all of these projects as much as I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS