Health Update

May 29, 2016

Hey everyone! I'm sure you have all noticed how absent I've been on my blog and how I haven't been posting much on Instagram. I thought it would be a good idea to give you all an update.





Some of you might remember that I had Tethered Cord surgery in August and sadly, it has returned again. The past week has been extremely hard and my symptoms have suddenly gotten a lot worse, but I'm not sure why. We are currently trying to find a neurosurgeon closer to us so we won't have to stay in a hotel before and after the surgery, like we did in Charleston. I wanted to wait at least until August to get the surgery again but I know I can't wait that long.

Due to the pain and other symptoms of Tethered Cord, I haven't been feeling very creative and lately when I do try and scrapbook, I get exhausted after doing only a little bit.
My autoimmune disease seems to be flaring up as well and we are waiting on some blood work to see if I can go up on Methotrexate, the chemo drug I am on. Hopefully if the blood work is okay and I up my dose, some symptoms will start to improve.

It has definitely been a rough couple of months and I'm sure the next couple won't be any easier but I always try to stay positive and continue to be grateful for what I do have. I will be starting a fundraiser soon for the surgery and I will keep you posted on that over on my instagram account, @alexhunterdesigns.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS